Driving in Tucson can be so mundane, so it’s only right to make it a bit more fun by jazzing up your vehicle.
Cars also serve as a mobile billboard so people can stop, stare, illegally honk and hopefully login to the website pasted on the sides to buy a bunch of art so you can become rich and famous and move to southern France.
That’s why I now have a RynMobile.
The making of this magnificent motorized marvel was no easy feat. A series of steps are definitely necessary.
1. Go to a business advisor at SCORE, preferably the really cool George Cates, who tells you to outfit your car to advertise your art. He likes the idea of a giant dog.
2. Go to a metal works place and explain your idea. Be prepared to be looked at very strangely.
3. Wait several weeks while metal works place hooks you up some giant teeth, as specified. Be crushed when they tell you they cannot install the teeth because of insurance reasons. Be double crushed when they say they will make the ears but won’t install them, either, because it will make your car’s roof leak.
4. Throw up your hands in despair. Take the metal works place’s advice and go for decals.
5. Take a photo of the car and then draw what you want all over the photo, preferably with a fat, black Sharpie.
6. Redraw it at least three times when you realize your drawings look more like drunken graffiti than art.
7. Realize you like that your drawings look like drunken graffiti.
8. Head to DoubleT signs where owner Dave Torres and artistic employee Francis will translate your ideas into a series of decals that they install with care.
9. Drive to San Diego or otherwise take a maiden voyage in your jazzed-up car to see if people stop and stare.
Not only does the RynMobile get plenty of looks, it also received its first compliment on the very first day on the way home from DoubleT signs.
A guy on a bicycle rode by with, “That’s one very sexy car.”
Need decals or signs for anything? Definitely head to Double T Signs Inc, 1835 S. Alvernon, Ste. 214.
Have you ever jazzed up a car?
What’s the jazziest car you’ve ever seen? What’s the most hideous?follow rynski: