Rats Incredible – by Ryn Gargulinski
With phrases like ‘smell a rat’ and ‘I could give a rat’s, um, butt,’ rats get a very bad rap. RATS INCREDIBLE aims to change all that by depicting rats as the intelligent, talented and lovable critters that they really are. This illustrated rat dictionary treats you to a lineup of rat-friendly words that contain the letters ‘rat’ coupled with an equally friendly array of fun rat illustrations. Yes, rats can certainly be fun. Better yet, they can be downright INCREDIBLE!
Why I Created It
Ever since I discovered rats were smarter than gerbils, much kinder than hamsters and less stinky then mice, I had to have them as my small animal of choice. They were especially ideal for the dinky apartment living of NYC when I couldn’t have a dog.
Rats became my passion and, for a spell, my obsession. I began to breed tons of them, took the position as New York Chapter President of the Northeast Rat and Mouse Club and hung their winning ribbons all over the wall.
Sanity eventually returned and I no longer have scores of rats, yet I always try to keep at least one or two as pets. This book is meant to help spread the joy of rats. Here’s hoping folks can shed their preconceived hatred of rats and embrace them as loving, perky pets.
3 Reasons You Want It
- Great gift for those rat-loving friends who have everything
- Great gift for animal lovers of all ages, shapes and sizes, even if they prefer those stinky mice
- Great gift for yourself so you don’t fall prey to that thing called contempt before investigation
Mentions and Kudos
Blurbs from Amazon reviews
- “I enjoyed this book easy and quick to read.”
- “Very cute, for little boys and girls who might like play on word games…very fast read…She’s also the author of ‘Bony Yoga.’[Bony Yoga] Can’t wait! :)”RYNSKI NOTESKI: Hey, I even got one of those smiley faces on the second review!
Media mentions and supporting documents
- Tucson’s KVOA TV station gave RATS INCREDIBLE a sweet plug (Thanks, KVOA!)
- Listosaur article by author outlines Top 5 Reasons Rats Make Great Pets
Where to Get It
The second edition has a bright orange and yellow cover, unlike the first edition’s deep pink cover. I also switched out the illustration, replacing the rat holding a martini glass with a grateful rat jumping for joy. Didn’t want folks to think that rats were a bunch of drunks, after all.
Online and nationwide:
- Mostly Books : 6208 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, (520) 571-0110
- Antigone Books: 411 N. Fourth Ave, Tucson, (520) 792-3715