Many artists have the fantasy of blanketing the entire world with their art. And even if they don’t, it’s been one of mine since childhood. The quest to make this fantasy a reality has included drawing Snoopy on the garage wall, being grounded for drawing Snoopy on the garage wall, painting rocks that pepper my backyard garden, and creating loads of colorful signs found in yards and homes from Alabama to Australia.
And now it also includes a few items of clothing, one of which is this fun ‘n’ freaky skeleton shirt. While it took me several weeks to actually wear this shirt after I designed and ordered one for myself, the results were wonderful. And I wanted to make sure others didn’t go through a similar dilemma if they’re wondering if they, too, should wear this shirt or not.
So here come a bunch of reasons why you should or should not wear this shirt. Go through the lists, check off items that apply, and then tally the results for your final answer.
Why You Should Wear This Shirt
- It features original artwork of a skeleton sporting a Mohawk – the perfect chance to boast a Mohawk without cutting a single strand of your hair.
- The skeleton grabs attention without needing to swear, break things or otherwise resort to violence. He also appears on the front AND the back!
- It doesn’t say mean things, like “I’m with stupid.”
- Unlike many tank tops these days, it doesn’t come with padded inserts or ridiculous cleavage you’d be embarrassed to wear in front of your mother.
- It pairs keenly with cut-offs or other simple shorts in the summer heat.
Why You Should Not Wear This Shirt
- You’re heading to a corporate meeting with a strict dress code (when I worked in corporate America 100 years ago, I used to get a dress code memo on my desk at least once a week).
- Skeletons irk you.
- You’re already wearing super loud, plaid gauchos or a flowing, flowered skirt, both of which could clash with the Mohawk skeleton.
- You accidentally left it somewhere your dog could access it and he has since chewed a hole in the middle and used it as a blanket.
Still not sure if you should wear this shirt or not? Give it a whirl and see what happens. Order yours now on Zazzle.